Definition of our terminology
- A ‘Project‘ is any work undertaken or service provided by e-Webdesign for the client
- ‘You‘ or ‘Client,’ is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by e-Webdesign
- ‘We‘ or ‘us‘, means e-Webdesign
- ‘Domain‘ is the website address as specified by the client
- ‘Open Source Software‘ is software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
- ‘Hosting‘ is a yearly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
- ‘Content‘ is both text and images that the client requires on the website.
The following terms and conditions apply to all website development / design services provided by e-Webdesign to the Client.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
Legalities, Copyright and Intellectual Property
- e-Webdesign shall expect the client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal. Please ensure that any images or content you supply or use on your website, is legally available for you to use. We cannot be held responsible for the illegal use of images, content or format of material supplied by the client.
- e-Webdesign reserve the right to remove any website from its servers if it has reason to believe that it is operating illegally.
- Neither party will be liable to the other for special, indirect or consequential damages incurred or suffered by the other arising as a result of or related to the performance of our work, whether in contract or otherwise, even if the other has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
- Our total liability under these conditions with respect to the work, regardless of cause or theory of recovery, will not exceed the total amount of fees paid by the client to us for this individual project.
- E-Webdesign cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by e-Webdesign.
Paying for your project
- Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services or other design services require a 50% deposit of the total sum to be paid, before we start work.
- The initial deposit payment (50%) is non-refundable after e-Webdesign has committed resource or completed research and/or design work on the client’s behalf.
- e-Webdesign own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full.
- We accept Paypal payments for all our services. We also accept BACS as alternative payment method.
- The price quoted to the client is for the work agreed on the quotation only. Should the client decide that new features are required after work on the website commences, then we will accept these changes with the provision that additional charges may have to be negotiated and accepted by the client before the additional work can be done.
- Email is our primary method of contact with regard to all communication for your websites design and development.
- It is the client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have valid contact details. We cannot be held liable in any way for problems relating to communication issues if we are not supplied with a valid email address.
- It is important for the client to keep in contact with e-Webdesign throughout the entire project. If a client does not make contact for more than 2 weeks, we will make up to 5 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address for the client held on file. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded.
Website Design and Development
- e-Webdesign is a small business, to remain efficient we must ensure that work we have programmed is carried out at the scheduled time. On occasions we may have to reject offers for other work and enquiries to ensure that your work is completed at the time arranged.
This is why we ask that you provide all the required information in advance. On any occasion where progress cannot be made with your website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed time frame, and we are delayed as result, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge of up to 25%. If your project involves Search Engine Optimisation we need the text content for your site in advance so that the SEO can be planned and completed efficiently.
If you agree to provide us with the required information and subsequently fail to do within one week of project commencement we reserve the right to close the project and the balance remaining becomes payable immediately. Simply put, all the above condition says is do not give us the go ahead to start until you are ready to do so.
- e-Webdesign will provide the client with an expected completion time frame for the project (live on the internet) if requested.
- Open Source software (OSS) is publically available software that may be adapted or modified to suit particular applications. OSS may be used to help develop elements of the functionality of the client’s website to speed development and add functionality. Where Open Source software is used, the ownership of the site coding and any customisations made by the developer is still passed to the client upon final payment.
- The website is provided to and accepted by the client as a fully functioning, completed work. By agreeing for the site to go ‘live’, the client is accepting that they have checked and are fully satisfied with the site. Any future structural or design changes to the site may require the issuing of a new quotation.
Hosting and Search Engine Optimisation
- e-Webdesign will host the website if the client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our hosting fees. In doing so, we will provide a reliable and professional service to the client at all times, excluding unavoidable technical failures.
- e-Webdesign hosting is annually renewable. The date of renewal will be 12 calendar months from the date the website was made live. We will contact the client 4 weeks before the renewal date and hosting services are not obligated.
- The hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the hosting expiry date. We reserve the right to deactivate any website when the hosting has expired and the client has not paid the renewal charge.
- If the client does not use e-Webdesign hosting services, then the management and hosting of the domain name are the full responsibility of the client.
- If the client does not wish to renew the hosting the site files and associated data can be made available to the client fee free on request and the domain name can be transferred to the client’s registrar account.
- E-Webdesign reserve the right to delete the website from our servers 3 months after the date your hosting expired if you choose to not renew the hosting.
- e-Webdesign do not take any responsibility for a client’s website rank on search engines. This also includes any potential website downtime that can occur. When updating, changing, creating and hosting a client’s website, there could be a change in the websites search engine ranking.
Domain Names and Links
- If required, a domain name will be registered by e-Webdesign on behalf of the client once we have received payment in full. Although the domain names are registered to us, the client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, we will do this within a reasonable timeframe.
- e-Webdesign provides links or references to our client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended client site at all times.
- We place a small text link on the footer of our client’s website that simply states the website was designed by e-Webdesign and links to our company website.
- e-Webdesign email accounts are available on any device that supports email. These include the Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy as well as many others. e-Webdesign will provide instructions on how to setup email on these devices via our support area on our website. We are not able to provide email or phone support for these devices.
In the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired and the Agreement shall not be void for this reason alone. Such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a mutually acceptable valid, legal and enforceable provision, which comes closest to the intention of the parties underlying the invalid.